Every day I create bright and beautiful smiles for my patients. Using an individual approach for your specific needs, and developing a close relationship with you, we will work together to achieve your best smile.
I earned my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Western Ontario. I went on to pursue my Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Toronto. It was at U of T that I first met Dr. Brian Laski, who was completing his Orthodontic residency.
Upon completion of dental school, I enrolled at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. There I received my Masters degree in Craniofacial Science and Certificate in Orthodontics.
I am a board certified orthodontist and Orthodontic Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Only one in three orthodontists is board certified. Certification requires hundred of additional hours of continuing education as preparation for tests of judgment, skills, and knowledge. As a Diplomate of the ABO, I am well-versed in the most up-to-date techniques and treatment.
I am an active member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, OntarioAssociation of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists, and the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity. These organizations offer a range of continuing education opportunities, as well as access to the latest research and discussions of treatment.
Professional Experience, Honours, and Awards
I’ve been fortunate to travel the world to present my research at various dental conferences, including in Barcelona and Cape Town.
Throughout my education, I have been honoured to receive recognition from my achievements in dentistry, orthodontics, and dental research. Among my awards are:
- American Association of Dental Sleep Medicine Student Research Award – Baltimore, MD (2013)
- Dr. Norman Levine Award in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2011)
- Academy of Dentistry Prize, Clinical Pediatric Dentistry – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2011)
- S.A. MacGregor Prize, Clinical Dentistry – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2011)
- Student Research Group / Alumni Travel Award for IADR in Barcelona – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2010)
- Dr. Howard Rocket Preventive Scholarship – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2009)
- Certificate of Involvement – Dental Alumni Association, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2009)
- James Gestie Perkin Prize, Restorative Dentistry – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2008)
I have also published numerous articles and delivered many presentations.
Outside the Office
As an avid skier, I enjoyed living out west for three years. In between studying orthodontics and bending wire, I spent most weekends in Whistler, hitting the slopes!
While the skiing in Ontario doesn’t compare, I am very excited to be working across the street from my favourite Spin (cycling) studio in the city. This year my goal is to ride the 100 km from Barrie to Toronto in a fundraising charity ride!
Dr. Laski and Dr. Kirshenblatt are your experienced Toronto, Ontario orthodontists. Call our office today to schedule your first appointment!