I truly believe that great orthodontic treatment requires special attention to detail and effective communication. I look forward to working with you and your family to help you achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve.
My education has given me the skills and hands-on training that allows me to provide my patients with the best care possible. I received my Bachelor of Science in physiology from the University of Western Ontario in 2001. I continued my education at the University of Toronto, which granted my Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2005.
I completed my dental residency at Sunnybrook Health Science Centre in Toronto, and returned to the University of Toronto to complete my Master of Science in orthodontics. I have been proud to be serve my patients and work alongside my father ever since.
As a specialist in orthodontics, I believe in staying up to date with the latest orthodontic technology. I regularly participate in continuing education through participation with the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, the Ontario Association of Orthodontists, and the American Association of Orthodontists. I am also on the executive of the Toronto Alumni chapter of the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity, and maintain appointments as a clinical instructor at the University of Toronto and Regency Dental Hygiene Academy.
Professional Experience, Honours, and Awards
I have been honoured to receive special recognition for my work as an orthodontist. My professional experience, honours, and awards include:
- Aaron L. Posen Award for excellence and creativity in orthodontics, University of Toronto (2009)
- Harron Scholarship – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2006/2007)
- Dean’s Gold Medal – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2005)
- Dr. Alan K. Joe & Family Scholarship in Orthodontics (First Prize) – University of Toronto (2005)
- Paul Takahashi Scholarship for Excellence in Clinical Periodontics – University of Toronto (2005)
- William R. Jackson Award for Excellence in Clinical Prosthodontics – University of Toronto (2005)
- Dr. Horace Wells Prize for Excellence in Pain Control & Anesthesia – University of Toronto (2005)
- Irwin Fefergrad Award for Excellence in Ethics, Jurisprudence, and Business Administration (2005)
- 3M ESPE Student Clinical Award – Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto (2005)
- Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award – University of Toronto (2005)
- American Dental Association Award – Faculty of Dentistry Summer Research Program (2003)
- Golden Key Honours Society – University of Toronto (2002)
Outside the Office
Teeth are not the only thing I work to set straight. I have officiated extensively as a professional tennis line judge and chair umpire at dozens of events around the world, including the Canadian Open, the Italian Open, the U.S. Open, Wimbledon, and the 2004 Olympic Summer Games in Athens. I also enjoy swimming, hiking, baseball, golf, and maintaining my alpine skiing certifications as a Level II instructor and Level I coach.
Dr. Laski and Dr. Kirshenblatt are your experienced Toronto, Ontario orthodontists. Call our office today to schedule your first appointment!